Every life has a story....
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Our Away Day @ STAR
About 2 weeks ago, our department had our Away Day at STAR Hotel…wondering what’s Away day means..it means away from office…hehehe..Actually the main reason for this workshop is to discuss about our department future plan, staff development plan, bla bla bla & so on….I’m not going to say much about work here but to tell more about our stay in this nice & pricy hotel :)..

Since it was 1.5 days workshop (Friday & Saturday) & also residential *yippie*..so apalagi…I brought my family along & we (especially the kids) had so much fun even though in between I have to leave them to attend the discussion….kira win2x situation la macam tu :).. Thanks to hubs for his support & taking good care of the kids without me around :)…We were given a room at 4th floor @ Kinabalu Wing & it means we will have the sea view….and yes..such a beautiful view it was…STAR Hotel is a nice place to stay..with the nice view, good facilities, good service, comfortable & nice food but it was damn expansive compare to other hotels in KK ..I don’t think I will hv the chance to stay in this hotel if not because of this workshop..hehehe…

As usual the kids had so much fun in the pool…not enough with that, they continued playing with water in the bath tub inside the room…punya la lama mo tunggu!! Had to rush for dinner at Tatu café cuz later on we’ll have another discussion at night…ndak puas makan ooo..nxt time la if ada peluang lagi..!!

In the next morning when I wanted to checked out, was so surprised to see a breakfast set (a basket of fruits, buns + 2 glasses of orange juice) on the table with a note “Andrew/Andrea..Enjoy this choc..Mama Odot (23/2/2008)”..hmm..was trying to find the chocs..tapi teda pun hehehe…salah tulis kali...it was actually a complimentary breakfast set from my Aunt who is working there..called her straight away to say TQ! Too bad we had sent the kids home early in the morning cuz hubs had a course on that day as well.. …so apalagi…I tapau-ed la the whole thing except the juice…sia minum la…whatelse. .:)

Hope to visit this hotel again in near future…if not for FOC..then have to wait $$$ to fall down from the sky..hahahaha…

My section receiving a token from our boss for the group presentation..ermm..except for that guy at the end there a.k.a our one & only Indian Idol who's trying to steal the lime light :P...

Just checked in..getting ready for another discussion in the afternoon..

Our room...nice..

Another view..

Sea view..

Another view..

Andrew sempat do his homework..

Mandi time..

Nice swim pool..

Playing swing..

Stroll around in the evening..

Dad & the kids..

Continue their swim in the bath tub..

CJ7?

Wah..sadap ka makanan tu Q :)?...these are my colleugues..

Dinner at Tatu Cafe..the kids enjoying their free sweets..

At night after the group presentation..

Complimentary breakfast set from my Aunt..

The notes.. :)

Labels: ,

posted by Yone 1:31 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger mcellen said…

    Hi Anon..u must know me since u know where i'm working...i think i could guess who u r..

    I'm not blaming u for saying that cuz i was once have the same thought like u do..but that has changed once i've joined here...i'm not going to elaborate more on that..malas mo cakap pasal kerja..that is for u to find out!!

    One thing i would like to highlight here is that what makes u think that we've been enjoying ourselves?? Do u know how much works that we have contributed & how much time that we have sacrificed???? Do u think we came here just to have fun??? Just because i've posted the pics of me & my family..u concluded that we or i have enjoyed my time here??? Do u know that i only spent about 1.5 hrs with my family right after my discussion which end at 6 pm & later on continued with another discussion at nite!!..even if i had 5 minutes with them i would be very grateful..and for 1.5 hrs...it was a bonus to me & that is y i've mentioned that i've enjoyed my stay there..for being able to do my work at the same having them near me! So think before u comment!! Cheers :)..

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Again..this is another perk for joining a big organization. :) And yes there's a price to be paid. Time with family. I hear ya. Just try to have a balance which I am sure you will. It's our rice bowl anyway. Apa2 pun kena kerja and at the same time spend time with family. I know it's hard but we work within our means and the rest we surrender to God. I believe in the end there will be rewards for your hard work, perserverance and commitment.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger mcellen said…

    Thanks Tee..it's difficult but i'm very sure it's achievable...i'll definately make sure that i'll hv time with my family no matter how commited i am with my work..they are the greatest gift that i hv... :)..it's hard to be a good mother & a good parent...i still need to learn a lot...

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger .... said…

    susah-susah naik bas saja la ko..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: mcellen
Home: Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me: One exhausted mom/wife trying her very best to balance between life, family & career but at the same time blessed for having such a supportive & understanding hubs :). My family is my no. 1 priority & I love them so much!!! They are my strength & inspiration...
View my complete profile
Cool Advert
Google
Previous Post
Archives
My family website
Friend's blog
Feel free to SHOUT

Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER