Every life has a story....
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Cilla Wedding in Tenom
Had an enjoyable yet tiring trip to Tenon during last weekend. It was my cousin Marcella's wedding on Saturday morning and we all travel to Tenom on the day itself. Convoyed together with my sisters, uncles, aunties & cousins and started our journey as early as 5.30 a.m., reached Tenom town at about 9.40 a.m.(about 4 hrs journey), just nice to attend the wedding mass which started at 10 a.m. Luckily i've done my make up & simple hairdo at home (though i've to wake up at 4 a.m. just to do that but it has save my time a lot:)). My cousin Cilla married to our unimate's (Stanly Chung) brother and met Standly a.k.a Ah Chung in the church..he's now has 3 boys :).

Once again, CONGRATS to the newly wed..

This was my 1st time attending a Murut traditional wedding, and i tell you it was such an interesting yet a scary experience. Interesting cuz the wedding took place at the field with a tent sorrounding it which can fit 40 tables and the food was being served instead of buffet (6 dishes all together). Food was not bad, quite tasty. And guess where did they prepare the food??? All was done in my cousin's house!!! And you know what, the cost for all that is quite cheap, only RM160 per table, and this has include the tables+chairs+tent!!!!

The scary part was, you'll be forced to drink the "tapai" from the "tajau" no matter what your gender is, u can't afford to refuse...i manage to escape by telling them that "I'm pregnant" & they believed me..hahaha..thanks to my buldging belly..hehehe!! Hubs also manage to escape cuz Andrea was crying really hard while my cousin pulling his hand!! Maybe she thought that his daddy is being hurt...very caring la my daughter :)..They'll drink till the max you know..i can see a lot of them "ampai2x" suda...scary!!
Went home on the next day and reached home around 2 p.m.

Here are some of the photos taken..


Cilla & hubby with her family.

Cilla & hubby..the newly married couple..


My family...

Andrea close-up look..curly kan her hair...purely original!! Some thought i went & set her hair...

Reps from Penampang..


Group photos with the bride & groom (from Penampang's side)

Cake cutting ceremony with Murut's traditional costume (her mom did her costume..nice!)

My sis Fay (pink top) & cousins (Salina & Gobing) posing...This is how the tables being set up at the "padang"...her house is just across the road..

Andrea with her lil' aunties (Tabaa & Jelna)

Labels: , ,

posted by Yone 7:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: mcellen
Home: Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me: One exhausted mom/wife trying her very best to balance between life, family & career but at the same time blessed for having such a supportive & understanding hubs :). My family is my no. 1 priority & I love them so much!!! They are my strength & inspiration...
View my complete profile
Cool Advert
Google
Previous Post
Archives
My family website
Friend's blog
Feel free to SHOUT

Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER