Every life has a story....
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Finally..i'm here at SMTC
Life is getting more interesting yet challenging for me nowadays...I'm now here in Miri attending this course at SMTC: Combined Sea survival Offshore Safety procedures, Helicopter under water escape training and basic fire fighting & self rescue (pheww..punya panjang) for 3 days. Reached Miri last nite and you know what..i've been missing my kids A LOT :( !!! Called Andrea during lunch & she told me.."Mommy I think of you while i'm in school.." :(...sad isn't it...

Thanks to Imperial Hotel for the internet free access...yippie..at least my time is fully occupied!!! I can check my email, complete my IPC (which deadline is today) as well as browsing & update my blog :D..Not bad la this hotel, quite comfortable and the price is quite reasonable & affordable...next time when you plan to have your vacation here in Miri, i highly suggest for you to stay here :). It's quite convenient you know, the shopping mall (Imperial Mall) is connected to this hotel & it's easy for you to find food, shops are also nearby.

Luckily this time there are 3 ladies (including myself) attending this course out of 22 of us. I was being told by my colleague that it's very rare for ladies attending such course. Met a lot of new friends from other company, most of them are Sarawakian..Today's class is just on theory, didn't do any practical. We'll start swimming and jumping into the pool tommorow...I've seen the other group did their practical today...Very challenging it seems..saw few guys wanting to vommit after few jumps..scary!!! And there this one guy did not dare to jump....the height is about 15m from the pool....not so sure how he'll be assess!!.By seeing that..i asked myself...How i'm going to survive tmr??...i'm afraid of height + do not know how to swim!!

While looking at the other group doing their assessment at the pool during our tea break this morning..there this one guy beside me asked me one question.."Kamu hantar orang kamu sini ka?"..I wasn't sure what does he means...so asked him to repeat his question again...he repeated the same thing...I replied.."Tidak...saya yang join this course"..He was quite shocked..can see from his face expression...i have a feeling that he might think that i'm from HR or something...or maybe he thought i'm too weak or my physical appearance does not fit/suite for this kind of activities...Tak pe tak pe...i'll make sure that tmr i'll manage to go through all that..YONE boleh...hehehe!!!!

Had kolok mee for dinner..only costs me RM2.30 (so CHEAP..can't get this price in KK)!!!...very tasty & banyak lagi tu :)

This is what i'm going through tommorow..wish me luck..

That's the helicopter...they gonna dipped it inside the water & turn it over & then you'll have to escape your self from there :S..

That's the height we gonna jump on Friday..

The view from the canteen..can see few platforms from here..

This is where i'm staying in Miri..Imperial Hotel..

Spacious place to sleep :D..

Took my own pic while doing my work :D...boring bah satu orang saja..hehehe...

posted by Yone 8:39 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jurra said…

    aduh yon.. bikin takut eh training ko nie..hehhehe...

    Tapi apa pun YONE BOLEH!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger mcellen said…

    Thanks Jurra..kasi semangat..hehehe..Ya mmg bikin takut bila tingu org buat..apalagi ada share experience yg menakutkan..ada yg cakap sakit if kena masuk air dlm hidung if terlepas tu nose clip..& ada yg terminum air banyak..Tapi bila suda buat & dapat lepas..mcm siok pula..hehehe...

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    yon, boleh buat scuba diving sudah..hahahahaaa...syok juga kamu punya training ni..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me

Name: mcellen
Home: Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia
About Me: One exhausted mom/wife trying her very best to balance between life, family & career but at the same time blessed for having such a supportive & understanding hubs :). My family is my no. 1 priority & I love them so much!!! They are my strength & inspiration...
View my complete profile
Cool Advert
Google
Previous Post
Archives
My family website
Friend's blog
Feel free to SHOUT

Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER